It’s tough to go back to work after such a nice, long weekend.. especially since it seems I’m coming down with a cold (but I’m trying to resist!)! We spent a very nice weekend and celebrated DH’s birthday too.
I didn’t scrap very much, because I spent quite some time putting together the pages for a desktop calendar, but I did get a few LOs done. I did this page for the Roadmap to Scrap challenge:
- Since this is starting the day after Thanksgiving (for the US scrappers), let’s make this more of a themed RTS. Use pictures from your Thanksgiving celebrations (this year or in past years) OR pictures you took this month that are fall related. If you live where it’s not fall right now, you can use pictures from when you have fall weather.
- Choose a fall-ish color scheme for all but one of your papers. Use one paper with a pop of color not usually associated with fall.
- Let’s see some elements from nature on your LO – flowers, leaves, branches, etc.
- Now add some ribbon/lace/string/fiber/stitching, whatever looks best for your LO.
- Add in a few more embellishments and make sure at least one of them is the same color that you used for your pop of color in your papers. If you have an element you want to use that needs to be recolored, check out some of these recoloring tutorials here and here
- Use the word “thanks” somewhere on your page – either in your journaling or title.
- Title your layout. Use either a combination of fonts, a combination of alphas, or a font/alpha combination.
- Date your layout and add anything else you think it needs.
With Thankful Hearts by Chelle’s Creations
Glass Pebble Alpha by Sahlin Studio
Simply Dated by wm [squared] designs
while this was for the Saturday Special challenge:
Everyday Thanks by Plum Dumpling Designs
EZ Date Labels by Erica Zane
Pie from With Thankful Hearts by Chelle’s Creations
Fonts: Broken 15, Dear Joe 4
I also scrapped a page for the new My Story Matters challenge:
All from Black Friday Grab Bag by Erica Zane:
Got Green?, EZ Neutrals, EZ Date Tabs
JH Kari font – Designs by Jeni Hopewell
In case you need reminding, the sale is still going on at ScrapMatters, and if you check out the blog you’ll find a blog train in which you can gather some coupons for further discounts! Have a happy Cyber Monday! 🙂