I wasn’t inspired this weekend so no scrapping (hehe I was too busy winning stuff – and there’s more to what I posted!! Can you believe that??? 🙂 I also won a secret comment challenge at ScrapMatters and got a 5$ GC!! That place is so special that they have a prize every week for someone who leaves love in other people’s galleries.. So I got myself this gorgeous kit I’d been drooling over all weekend:
Anyway, as I was saying, finally yesterday night I felt like scrapping. 🙂 I did a challenge at CatScraps
(even though I didn’t use any of their products so I’m not really running for the challenge): we had to lift a page without seeing it, only knowing the description of the LO made by the scrapper who did it. Here’s what I did:
Feels like home – collab kit by Ziggle Designs and B-Creative Designs
Stitching from Honeydew and staple from Juicy by Ksharonk Designs
Kraft Paper Alpha (recolored) – Designs by Tater
Font: My Own Topher
As you can see I started using some of the beautiful stuff I got this weekend: the kit by Ziggle Designs and the alpha by Tater. 🙂
I had to tweak the photo a lot, because even though I love this picture, the quality was really bad when looked up close.
I’m really happy with the result!
I never used a second paper on the page in this way, it’s not really my style I guess, but I love the effect it does on this page! Another great reason to play in challenges: they make you do things you wouldn’t do on your own!
Tonight, 9 PM EST, speed scrap at ScrapMatters! I’ll have work to do tonight unfortunately, but I don’t want to miss the speed scrap, so I’ll be there!
Wow I’ve been waiting for this one!!!!
OK, now, honestly, I’ve sent out a few applications to be on CTs lately, and none of them went well. But I’m still thinking that one day a designer will really like my style and pick me. And it would be just great if it were Krystal, because I simply LOVE her designs (as I’ve said again
Anyway, check out the CT call here
! You definitely don’t want to miss this one!
Today I won 6 Gift Cerfiticates from 6 designers!!!!!!
I went to the chat at Scrapmatters
hosted by Denise and won quite a few trivia games, and I got these goodies:
- Happy Scrap Girl‘s grab bag, which contains a kit, a gorgeous autumn paper pack, 2 alphas, and some templates!!
- wm squared‘s grab bag, which contains a kit, an alpha, some templates and a few brag book pages, plus I got her Autumn Poutpourri paper pack!!
- Tater‘s grab bag, which contains 3 gorgeous alphas, one mini kit, and a great autumn paper pack; plus I got another alpha!!
- I also won a GC from Simply Sweet Designs but I can’t make up my mind on what to get, so I’ll think about it tomorrow. Too much cute stuff to chose from!! 🙂
But it’s not all!!!!!!
Then, I went over at Scrap Orchard
for the chat (I couldn’t make it for their speed scrap because I had work to do today.. ugh!) and again I won a few games, and got two GC from Ziggle Designs
and Pineapple Plantation Designs
!!! So I got these amazing kits!!!!!!!!!
I really should start spending more time at Scrap Orchard,
because the girls are amazing there!!
BTW, head over to Scrap Matters because they’re having their 1st birthday celebration and all the store il 30% off!!
What a day!!!! I still have to sort all the goodies I downloaded!!!! WOHOOOOOOOOO! 😀
Holley is giving away a $25 GC to Bella Scraps Magazine!!
I was RAKed by KimB last week with an amazing 19 (yes, nineteen!!!) $ gift card! She was giving it away to celebrate her 19th wedding anniversary and I was lucky enough to win! 😀
So after thinking about it for a few days, today I finally decided what I wanted, and here’s what I got:
Wow!!!!! Lots of goodies!!!!! I’m really happy with what I chose! 😀
I scrapped this tonight for a challenge at Sugarplum Paperie for which you had to scrap about something new in your life.
Chilled Wine collab kit by Sugarplum Paperie and mgl Scraps
Date Bits by Misty Cato
Fonts: FG Bonnie’s, My Own Topher
I’m really loving this kit!!!
I speed scrapped last night and had a blast!!
I sure had a great night, because I finished this in little over an hour, and I love it! 😉
The speed scrap (at ScrapMatters of course) was hosted by haynay and these were the instructions:
- one solid, dark paper, used as the background. One patterned paper used in any way on the page (other than background). No more, no less.
- 3 photos: 2 must be the same size. The other one must be smaller than the 2.
- One frame only, but that frame needs to have a cluster on or behind it. (I want to encourage you to use drop shadows—especially with the clusters)
- Use a hanger anywhere on the page.
- Must use something shiny on the page: can be metal, glitter, bling. I don’t care; I just want some shine!
- Title: Use 2 alphas please.
- Date your page. And, you can journal…BUT, you cannot journal any more than 2 sentences. It will work if you have no journaling at all!
I used the beautiful kit I was RAKed with last week, Chilled Wine!
Here’s my LO, Fancy Birds:
Credits: Chilled Wine collab kit by Sugarplum Paperie and mgl Scraps
Dymo – It – Big Alpha by Anita Stergiou
Paper shapers by Britt-ish Designs
I used the beautiful kit I was RAKed with last week, Chilled Wine!
I just recolored the alpha & frame slightly to match the pictures, and that was it! I love how I was “forced” by the instructions to pick a dark paper – I might not have thought about it otherwise, and I think it looks great with these pics! I usually choose pictures first, and papers next, but this time, following the instructions, I picked the kit first, then stumbled upon these zoo pictures (yaaaay! Another LO done! 🙂 ) and tried them out: perfect! 🙂
OK, enough rambling.. But I’m seriously in love with this LO! 🙂
Bree of Scrap’it Designs has had the greatest idea ever for choosing two new members of her CT: she’s having all the applicants send in a LO made with her stuff, and then her bloggers will vote their favorite! Check it out here!
So I did this LO and I’m very happy with how it turned out!
Template by Meghan Mullens
I Luv U Beary Much Add On and Nasty Alpha by Scrap’it designs by Brianna Cox
Now I feel like I should do a page for each of our stuffed animals (yes, we have a big family!! 🙂 ) but that would take me forever (especially true, since we keep adding to the collection 🙂 ).
I have quite a few more urgent pics to scrap about now (you haven’t forgotten about the zoo visit, right? 🙂 I have 2-3 more LO to make with that!), but this project is certainly something I’ll do.
Today I stumbled upon a great designer: Cinnamon Designs! I’ve fallen in love with her style!
I speed scrapped Thursday night at ScrapMatters (hosted by Bree!).
It was really speedy, because I had brought home some work, and was working and scrapping at the same time.
Here are the rules
- Choose a photo, 1 only!
- Choose your papers, you can have as many as you want, but you must have a least 1 solid and 1 patterned paper. One of the papers must be used to create a shape (any shape), you can use paper shapers, clipping masks….whatever, just as long as you create some type of shape from a paper.
- Take your photo and repeat it in some way. You can repeat it as many times as you like, but it must be the same photo. You can blend it into the background, stack it etc, as long as the photo appears on the page more than once.
- Frame your photo/s (if you have blended one, you do not need to frame it, but you do need at least 1 framed photo on the page. Hang your frame. If you have used multiple frames, at least 1 of your frames must be hanging.
- Embellish your page any way you wish!!
- Title your page. You MUST use an alpha for some of the title, but you can’t use it for ALL of the title. Mix it up!!
- Add journaling if you wish, date and save!!!!!!
The other night I didn’t do any journaling because I was in a hurry, so, today I added in the journaling, and here’s the result.
Olde Skool by Kim Christensen Designs and Debra Tope Designs
Hanger from I’m a Dreamer by Britt-ish Designs