Hello and welcome back for another month of Kill My Studio Calico Kit! This is the 9th installment of this series, and in total I have made a whopping (112) layouts. Yay me!
This month I bought the Studio Calico scrapbook main kit, Homespun ($34.99). I also got the Asia stamp and die.
Notes: I have to be honest. I did not like the look of the kit, and even in person it didn’t speak to me. Hence, it has been sitting there for the past 5 months. I think the problem was that the side A of the papers didn’t appeal to me, yet once I got myself to use it, I found that the side B was much more to my taste. Once I started using the kit, I got into the groove and, while it’s still probably my least favorite kit ever, I love the pages I made. Also, the silkscreen is really cool, I love it! And the alpha is awesome, there are so many letters!
Kill my Studio Calico kit is a monthly series I started on my blog to hold myself accountable and use up my kits. You can subscribe to the Studio Calico Scrapbook kit here.
I made 9 layouts (1 12″x12″, 8 9″x12″), for a total of $34.99, or $3.89/page. I supplemented the kit with several embellishments from my stash, since I really need to put a dent in it. I also used some stamps and cardstock for a couple pages. Here’s a roundup of all the pages I made:
And here is what I have left:
Leftovers: the kit is most certainly killed. I have some seasonal items leftover (the wooden “March” and the March transparency, which I likely will use in next year’s Project Life album. I also still have lots of letters left.
And here’s a roundup of all the projects I made:
And here they are, one by one.
I used the silkscreen on a piece of the gray cardstock with two shades of green paint. This screen is very sticky so it tore off some of the cardstock, but I covered it up with the kraft sticker. I added a few embellishments from the Finch add on and from my stash.
I love how this page turned out! I used a journaling card (which I punched out and cut up) and some stickers from the Pocket documenter add on.
And here is the last page I made to use up the last few scraps (background cardstock is from my stash). This page didn’t photograph very well, but I love how it turned out. I used some trim from my stash to match the colors in the photos. I used the silkscreen on vellum (which works well because it’s very slick so the screen doesn’t stick too much) with silver paint. Those transparencies from the kit went a long way, I loved using them!
And that’s it for this month! If you have any questions, please leave a comment and let me know!