Last night I hung out at TheDigiChick (it’s a really nice place, the best for hybrid tips, and I’ve been hanging out there more and more, lately) for a chat, and I ended up speed scrapping! I hadn’t done a speed scrap in ages (I checked: my last was in November!) but I loved this one.
- Choose 1 solid paper and 1 patterned paper. Crop the patterned paper into a rectangle approximately 5 inches high. The strip should extend horizontally across your entire background paper from edge to edge. Place the strip in the center of the page.
- Choose 1 photo and crop it into a rectangle shape. The photo can have any effect or be black & white. Place the photo in the center of the page onto of your patterned paper rectangle. You can use landscape (horizontal) or portrait (vertical) photos ~ just make sure in a rectangle shape.
- Choose 1 doodled frame and place it BEHIND your photo. The entire frame can be showing or just the edges, and the frame can be tilted. Then choose 1 ribbon frame and place it ABOVE your photo.
- Now have some fun. Layer as many embellishments as you want around, under and above your framed photo BUT make sure that you have at least 1 piece of greenery, 1 flower, 1 heart, and 1 piece of string.
- Choose one butterfly and one bird and place them diagonally across from one another at two corners of your photo.
- Choose a tag and place it at the bottom right of your photo. Place your journaling, names or dates on the journaling tag.
- Choose an alpha. Create a three word title for your page. Place your title at the bottom right of your photo, near your journaling tag.
Butterfly from Calico Harvest; Background paper and leaf from Softly spoken; Patterned paper (recolored) from Leap Frog; Cardboard Sticker Alpha; Tag from Whimsy Doodle collab with Amy Sumrall; Glitzy Bits: by Sugarplum Paperie
Doodle frame from Unforgettable by Ziggle Designs
Ribbon Frame from Welcoming Spring by Weeds and Wildflowers
Bird (recolored) from Sweet Bird Add on by Mira Designs
String from Peace and Quiet by Britt-ish Designs
Font: Note this